The University of Maryland Libraries is seeking a Web Services Librarian. The full position description is attached, or can be found at https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/78282
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Minimum of 1+ year of professional experience in Web services design, development, and testing in a library environment.
• Strong project management experience
• Broad knowledge of a wide range of IT issues, Web development methods, requirements, and procedures
• Experience working within Unix/Linux variant server environments with basic system administration utilities
• Experience in information architecture, taxonomy/ontology creation, and writing of content for the Web
• Knowledge of SQL- and database-driven Web sites and applications
• Knowledge of usability design and assessment
• Knowledge of current Web accessibility standards and how these standards affect Web design and patron access
• Knowledge of responsive Web design
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Initiative, flexibility, organization, precision, and excellent problem-solving skills
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. For best consideration, please apply by 06/15/2020.