ASRC Federal InuTeq’s focus is on technical and complex, mission-oriented services with contracts supporting federal government agencies. Our team of scientists and professional management personnel allows us to bring real-world experience to meet the growing demand for solutions to some of the most complex problems in IT management, aviation, and Earth and space sciences. We are seeking a Video Archivist/Librarian to support a NASA contract in Greenbelt, MD.
- Individual will provide research, mapping, data entry and digitization of Hubble video footage for Goddard Space Flight Center’s Office of Communications.
- Assists video producers from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight center in archiving video footage from the Hubble Space Telescope Project
- Assesses/researches the location and quality of Hubble footage from multiple NASA locations with emphasis on press conferences, EVAs, mission activities, public activities.
- Digitizes Hubble tapes in highest possible resolution.
- Writes descriptions and metadata for Hubble video clips and tapes.
- Ensures that Hubble footage is easily accessible to future video producers and researchers.
- Familiarity with video formats and NARA archival standards.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication.
- Interest in space history is a plus.
- Travel may be required.
- In-process or completed Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Archival Science, Information Science or related field.
- In lieu of a degree, at least 2 years of experience with archiving permanent records.
Job – Administrative Services
Primary Location – United States-MD, United States-Greenbelt, MD, United States
Education Level – Bachelor’s Degree
Schedule – Part-time
Shift – Day Job / 1st Shift
Job Level – Individual Contributor/Non-Management
Job Type – Standard