ASRC Federal Space & Defense, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is expanding its staff in the Trademark Law Library and is seeking a Trademark Librarian in Alexandria, VA. This is a great opportunity for a recent Library Science graduate!
Under the direction of the Director and Senior Librarian, plans, organizes, and coordinates work activities involved in obtaining and making library resources available to the trademark attorneys and other customers.
- Primary duties for this position are reference assistance and research using a wide range of materials.
- Performs research using on-line search techniques, automated tools, print material, and other resources as necessary.
- Analyzes search requests, interviews requesters when needed, develops search strategies, and reviews and provides search results.
- Provides information and updates for content of library web pages.
- Makes recommendations for collection development.
- Assists with updating and maintaining both physical and electronic collections.
- Performs cataloging of new materials. Performs check-in and management of serials.
- Follows guidelines for the security of library collections and equipment.
- Assists in user training efforts and in the development of documentation for new staff and USPTO employees.
- Assists with marketing efforts for promoting the library and its available resources.
- Processes and fills requests for full text literature from internal and external resources.
- Assists with compilation of library statistics.
- Works independently under overall project objectives and requirements.
Apprises supervisor about progress and unusual complications.
Masters in Library Science; new MLS grads encouraged to apply; 3 years of library experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and provide superior reference services in a timely manner.
Creativity and tenacity in performing research in a wide range of subject areas and with a variety of resources to support the research of trademark attorneys.
- Expertise in searching one or more major on-line commercial vendors (ProQuest and Lexis/Nexis) and expertise in searching the Internet.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Tools and familiarity with collaborative web tools such as SharePoint, Wikis, etc.
How to apply