As a Technical Services/Research Law Librarian for the CIA, you will assist with the management of core legal information repositories for the Office of General Counsel (OGC) to support its broad spectrum of practice areas. You will participate in the selection, acquisition and maintenance of targeted legal information resources by providing guidance on legal research resources and best practices; by providing current awareness of legal developments across OGC practice areas; and by conducting unique legal research that leverages advanced research skills against specialized resources.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform the following key responsibilities, as listed below:
- Serve as a central resource for managing OGC knowledge and information.
- Apply knowledge of legal information in the maintenance of a classification/metadata scheme.
- Provide guidance and training on the use and availability of resources and legal research capabilities.
- Perform complex research, including locating federal statutes, regulations, executive orders, cases, international treaties, conventions, agreements, and protocols.
- Create procedural and informational pathfinders, bibliographies, and other documentation.