LAC Federal is seeking a Technical Information Specialist to work on a food science research and reference team at a major Federal library in the Beltsville, MD area. The Specialist will be responsible for providing research and reference assistance to staff and the general public through a wide range of research techniques, methods, and sources that pertain to human nutrition and food science. Staff member will also work with numerous information technology resources and platforms including research and bibliographic databases, content management systems and more to help keep a nutrition-focused web portal up-to-date. This position will require utilizing a Drupal content management system to update numerous web pages, and will support outreach for food safety program to target audiences locally and nationally through social media, traditional media, partnership development, conference participation, educational, Internet, and other relevant information systems.
- Bachelor Degree in food safety/food science. Database management experience preferred.
- An understanding and experience with the research process and information flow in the food safety research community including knowledge of data collection and evaluation.
- Experience supporting the development of analytical reports and other written documents presenting facts, issues, and recommendations.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage projects, operations and resources.
- Ability to organize thoughts and to express them clearly and concisely in both written and oral communication.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies