This is a summer position with the Library of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 03/18/2020, 11:59 PM EDT
The Summer Assistant in the Research Services Department of the Library will create and update research guides and bibliographies, work on weeding and collection development projects, and assist librarians with selected research questions.
Depending on the assistant’s educational background, additional duties and projects may be assigned.
Conditions of Employment
– U.S. Citizenship
– Meet Experience Requirements (see Qualifications)
– Employment is subject to successful completion of a security background check.
f you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See: www.sss.gov
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Meet education requirements (see below).
2. Work experience, preferably in a library or legal office setting.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively both orally and in writing required.
4. Availability for at least eight weeks.
Enrollment in, or completion of, a Master of Library Science degree program including completion of atleast one legal bibliography or government documents course -OR- successful completion of one yeartoward a law degree and library work experience.
Details and application in the link: