ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY invites applications for the position of Security Guard. AACPL’s 16 branches serve 573,000 residents, with an annual circulation of over 5.2 million items. For more information about our services, visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net.
PART-TIME HOURLY STAFF: SECURITY OFFICER
BRANCH LOCATIONS: Brooklyn Park, Eastport-Annapolis Neck, Glen Burnie and Odenton
- SALARY: $21.23/hour – No Benefits
- SCHEDULING: Minimum 20 hours/week (Afternoon/Evening hours)
- RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Provide high quality security services to protect people and property; Acts as a visible deterrent to customer misconduct and policy infractions; Detect and report safety concerns and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing; Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both customers and employees; Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations; Patrol the facility on foot.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from a standard high school or equivalency program with higher education in a related field preferred; must be at least 21 years of age or older; and have at least 2 years of prior law enforcement or related experience (military, security guard). Must successfully pass a background investigation including verification of qualifying credentials; a review of any criminal record; and verification of at least three references.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application Form to email@example.com. To download the AACPL employment application form and job description (Library Information/ Job Announcement) visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net. All required application materials must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., October 15, 2019.
- TIMETABLE: Target start date is November 2019.
If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 410-222-7107, (www.mdrelay.org).