Williams & Connolly LLP is currently seeking a Research Librarian. Under the direction of the Head of Research, the Research Librarian position has primary responsibilities for, but are not limited to:
* Perform cost efficient research over a wide range of topics including: legal, legislative, business, intellectual property, public records, news, medical, and social media;
* Work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize requests as needed;
* Assist with the training of attorneys and staff on effective use of research databases;
* Knowledge and proficiency of legal sources including research databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, Accurint, PACER and the Internet;
* Knowledge and proficiency with Library related systems (e.g., basic HTML for maintaining links on Library portal page & catalog, etc.);
* Knowledge and proficiency with federal and state legislative history and research.
Successful candidate must be highly service-oriented with the ability to interact regularly with attorneys and staff. He/She should possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to multi-task. Ability to adapt and to learn new databases, sources, and skills are a must. The ideal candidate is required to have a minimum of:
* A Master”s Degree in Library/Information Sciences;
* Minimum 2 years library experience in a legal setting or professional services firm;
* Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and EXCEL;
* Proficiency with library software;
* Ability to lift & carry 15 lbs.