Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading international law firms, is seeking a Research Librarian in our Washington, DC office.
Our Research Librarians provide high-quality legal, business and law-related research and reference services to the firm’s attorneys, paralegals and other administrative professionals.
- Respond to research requests from the firm’s attorneys and staff in a timely, effective, and efficient manner;
- Provide guidance and training on the efficient use of firm resources and orientations.
- Monitor litigation, news, legislation and regulatory developments;
- Maintain a working knowledge of all library print resources; develop and maintain proficiency using electronic resources and databases in an efficient and cost-effective manner;
- Keep current with changes and developments in information resources;
- Write practice guides, checklists and research tips;
- Assist the Library Manager with special projects;
- Develop and sharing new research strategies and best practices;
- Other duties as assigned
This job requires:
- A Master’s degree in Library Science (ALA accredited preferred);
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in law library research;
- Proficiency with research databases including Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah, PACER, and HeinOnline.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development
- The ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to complete research projects independently and work with other firm librarians as a member of our national library team.
- Excellent research skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience supporting the following practice groups is a plus: Antitrust, Energy, Food & Drug, Investment Management, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Employee Benefits, Employment, Energy, Securities, Structured Transactions, and/or Tax.
- Experience researching legislative intent is also a plus.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at https://www.morganlewis.com/careersand selecting “Professional Staff” from the pull-down menu.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.