Want to work with a friendly and accomplished research team in a busy and challenging environment? We’ve recently lost a Research Librarian due to a family relocation and are looking to find the best candidate to fill their shoes. Interested? Please see website link at bottom of email to apply.
Crowell & Moring currently seeks a Research Librarian for the firm’s Washington, DC Office. The Research Librarian provides research support and outreach for all offices and works as a member of the firm-wide research team. Don’t miss the opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic law firm located in DC’s Penn Quarter.
- Conducts business, legal, legislative, regulatory research for attorneys, marketing staff and paralegals, providing initial analysis of research results and summaries of key findings.
- Provides background research and competitive intelligence on current or potential clients and markets in support of business and client development efforts.
- Guides attorneys and staff on the effective use of research databases and print collection
- Assists in resolving access issues and technical issues with online resources.
- Helps promote research services and resources to attorneys and legal staff; attends practice group meetings
- Remains current on technological applications and best practices relevant to providing high quality library and research services
- Recommends additions of print and electronic sources to the Research Services collection, maintaining a focus on trends in client requests and interests.
- Participates in collection management activities to maintain organized and effective services for clients, including developing and maintaining intranet content.
- Performs other special projects or duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated research skills and knowledge of major legal and non-legal related databases, including but not limited to Westlaw & Lexis platforms, Bloomberg Law, IntelliConnect, Pacer, etc.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative manner to accomplish department functions and participate in firm wide team efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys and firm staff.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analysis of research results and communicate scope and meaning of results found or not found to patrons.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of MS suite to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and training guides.
- The position requires a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution.
- The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please visithttps://www.crowell.com/careers to apply online.