PURPOSE OF POSITION: Coordinate research processes, systems development and maintenance, and internal research communications in OUS and for the ORN; coordinate planning and budget processes supporting OUS Research Director and ORN Steering Committee. The time split between OUS research and the ORN will be 60%/40% respectively.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: fall within 3 broad areas of work—research communication, research administration, and library/instructional design.
- Develop an internal communication strategy and maintain internal communications platforms for research.
- Coordinate and support dissemination of internal research communications. (e.g. newsletter, etc.).
- Lead knowledge and information systems development and their adoption for the Oxfam Research Network (ORN) andOUS Research Department.
- Investigate and propose an electronic system for coordination of peer review.
- Contribute content to Research Department and ORN folders and pages on Box and Compass with resources for research.
- Support consolidation of existing research tools, standards, protocols, and processes for research production across the Oxfam Confederation for ORN.
- Serve as fact-checker at Oxfam America.
- Deliver and design trainings on research processes, fact-checking, and research resources.
- Support Research Director and the ORN leadership in organizing and facilitating meetings, preparing minutes, and assistingin drafting strategy and planning documents.
- Coordinate the organization of the ORN retreat and other research events.
Track OUS research projects through research pipeline system.
- Oversee and track all research agreements (contracts), research grants, and payments for research.
- Track peer review processes for all research produced at Oxfam America.
- Coordinate sign-off for all OUS research publications at Oxfam America.
- Ensure Research Department complies with new or changing policies, procedures, and technologies introduced within the organization.
- Track Research Department budget and assist Research Director in developing annual operating plans.
- Arrange travel for external colleagues; submit expense reports for Research Director.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based work culture, will perform all duties appropriately (treating all persons with dignity and respect) and will be comfortable with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
Education: Master´s degree in library science or knowledge management; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general support to research programs, and minimum of 2-3 years of experience in general information and systems support to researchers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of independent peer review process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of and experience with information technologies that facilitate communication, information sharing, andnetworking; data collection and management.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to be pro-active.
- Ability to anticipate, coordinate, and facilitate activities with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, and handle multiple demands in a high-pressure, fast-paced, large organization environment.
- Strong listening, comprehension, and documentation abilities.
- Results oriented.
- Comfort operating in a multi-cultural, international environment.
- Ability to work in an English-based environment.
- Creative thinker
- Background in international development, human rights and/or social justice issues
- Training or background in Information Management Systems or ICT
- Ability to communicate in oral and written format in Arabic, French and/or Spanish
- Experience using MailChimp, Smartsheet, and Box
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Understanding of user experience design principles
For more information and to apply, click here.