- You will provide research/reference services focused on international business development, finance, economics, environmental policy, foreign investment, energy, and law.
- You will perform Character Reference research and keep the on-line Intranet page for the website up-to-date.
- You will participate in marketing and outreach of the library services meeting with user groups and helps to curate and distribute information and news alerts on relevant topics.
- Other duties include tracking usage statistics, participation in special projects as assigned.
- Degree in Business, Information Management, or an MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- Professional knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles and techniques of librarianship in order to provide effective reference support.
- A solid foundation in basic principles of research combining electronic and print resources to providing both quick solutions and in-depth research.
- Ability to identify or devise unorthodox and creative research approaches to respond to project related requests.
- Knowledge of international business or related topics such as company intelligence, finance, economics, industry sectors and environmental issues.
- Proficiency with a variety of generalized and specialized electronic information systems including LexisNexis and Factiva (command versions preferred).
- Proficiency and practical experience using Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with general Internet search techniques.
- Must be open to taking direction and able to follow established policies/procedures.
- Experienced in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines and contributing effectively within a small group environment.
- Responses to client requests will be organized, concise and will highlight key issues/data.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the library and with library clientele.
- Ability to work in a fast -paced, information intense environment
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.