LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Reference Librarian to provide part-time (up to 20 hours a week) reference and research assistance at an academic library in Germantown, MD. This is a contract Librarian position that will start March 19 and conclude by May 12. Extension to summer and/or fall semester is possible but not guaranteed.
The Librarian will provide instruction and answer ready reference questions in addition to assisting with reference requests. The Librarian will also provide outreach and instruction on the use of library resources including print and non-print formats. Other duties as assigned.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution
- At least 1 year of experience as a reference librarian
- Knowledge of e-resources and library technologies including Integrated Library Systems (experience with Voyager a plus)
- Knowledge of library best practices and procedures including:
- Reference services
Collection Development and Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well as a team member
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse clientele
- Must be available to work Monday-Thursday 4:00 – 8:00 PM and Friday 1:00 – 5:00 PM.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/8xW6aQ