LAC Group is seeking a Reference and Outreach Librarian with a prestigious federal agency in Washington, DC. The librarian will oversee the daily operations of collection management and provide daily assistance to patrons. This is a long term, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday – Friday) benefited contract position.
- Provide all aspects of reference, research, and information discovery services responding to requests made in multiple format and delivering accurate, appropriate information in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Follow Library policies and procedures when responding to requests for information
- Use a variety of resources in multiple formats to answer requests for information.
- Conduct systematic literature searches on a range of topics to support agency staff and program contractors and provide one-on-one and group instruction to customers who request guidance in using the catalog, online databases or serials, or other library resources.
- Assist with general library duties including manning the reference desk and assisting patrons in-person or via telephone and email.
- Provide outreach and instruction on the use of library resources including print and non-print formats
- Promote the library and its print and digital collections through various branding, marketing, and promotional activities.
- Responsible for assisting all aspects of event planning
- Create and manage webinars and reports for agency and library events
- Develop a roster of potential speakers for agency functions, collect data and analyze usage statistics on events and library resources
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Must have at least 3 years of progressive on-the-job responsibility and experience, conducting the same or similar functions as stated in the job description including responding to complex reference questions, and conducting systematic literature searches
- Must have experience selecting print and electronic resources for library collection development, and designing and implementing outreach activities to promote the use of the Library’s services and collection
- Knowledge of the field of Education and related disciplines preferred
- Knowledge of government documents preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred
- The candidate should be highly motivated, capable of working independently, and responsive to customers’ needs
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills, including the ability to write succinct, straightforward, and clear copy for marketing materials
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide range of projects at one time