STATEMENT OF WORK
MindFinders is seeking a part-time digital projects intern to work with our client’s digital curation librarians processing digitized and born-digital archival collections.
SCOPE OF WORK
The part-time associate will participate in the following activities:
- Assist in developing and implementing workflow for processing born-digital objects into a new Digital Preservation Repository.
- Catalog digitized and born-digital material for import into content management system.
- Assist in digital preservation and digital collections outreach within the Library system and to the general public
- Scanning unique historical documents and images
- Create Metadata file in Microsoft Excel using Dublin Core best practices, uploading the final product into our content management system, and creating an archive file for each step of the process.
- Other duties may include assisting in the photo lab imaging three-dimensional and oversized items, as well as providing oversized printing and scanning services to patrons.
This position is open to librarians, archivists and current Master of Library Science (MLS) students.
- Strong interest in digital archives, digital preservation, and metadata in libraries.
- Master’s degree in Library Science (ALA-accredited or equivalent) or current student of such a program.
- Digital curation or digital archives coursework or experience applicable to libraries and cultural heritage institutions is required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply technology within libraries to improve access to collections or services.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of OpenRefine, XML, and Python.
RATE OF PAY
$20 per hour for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Please submit resumes to Rahsaan Peak – firstname.lastname@example.org