The Project Manager oversees all aspects of an object cataloging project for a Museum in the Washington, DC area. The Project Manager leads a team of artifact catalogers in conducting historical and genealogical research and writing object descriptions and donor biographies for inclusion in the Museum’s online catalog. The Project Manager trains staff, develops workflow procedures, reviews and edits all records and supervises staff responsible for cataloging a collection of thousands of museum artifacts in various materials.
The Project Manager is expected to work closely with the client throughout the duration of the project. The Project Manager is the point of contact with the client and CORESTAFF Services and is responsible for managing all aspects of the project.
- Provide leadership and direction of the project
- Develop, implement and evaluate program policies, procedures and standards
- Manage organization and workflow
- Hire, train, and provide guidance to catalogers
- Perform quality assurance
- Act as point of contact with client
- Provide status updates to the client
- Provide status updates to Corestaff management
Museum and/or library experience is essential. A minimum of five years of supervisory experience is required, preferably in a museum or library. A Master’s Degree in art history, library science, history, museum studies or a related field is required. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Foreign language skills preferred but not required. Project management experience strongly preferred.
For consideration, submit your resume to email@example.com .