LAC Group is seeking an experienced Metadata Librarian to work for a major Federal library in Beltsville, MD. The selected individual will support the development and maintenance of metadata files. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Support management and ingest of publisher supplied data as well as creation of descriptive metadata for items when publisher supplied data is unavailable.
- Create or modify XSLT stylesheets for incoming publisher-supplied metadata. Ensure that publisher-supplied metadata meets standards for interoperability and end-user functionality.
- Develop new and revised workflows and procedures for describing and managing collections and products. Document workflows and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture or Information Management
- Knowledge of XML editors such as Oxygen, JIRA, etc.
- Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed, DublinCore, etc.
- Ability to identify errors in metadata
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2tD0STU