LAC Group is seeking an experienced, remote Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) Indexer to work on a tremendous research project associated with a distinguished University. The project will focus on reading through US patents and assigning MeSH terms to them. This project should last 1-2 months and the schedule is part-time/flexible. This role can be performed remotely, from anywhere in the US.
- Perform subject analysis and indexing of patents
- Create a short statement or sentence fragment, often extracted directly from the abstract or atext, that describes the new information about the patent.
- Other responsibilities include: subject indexing using MeSH terms, indexing comments, errata, and retractions
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in the biological sciences, or equivalent.
- Familiar with medical indexing manual, other indexing aids, and MeSH
- Must have experience with PubMed, Medline, or other medical journals/databases.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/384J8ka