LibSource, an LAC Group company, seeks a Media Resources Assistant for a prestigious news and media company located in New York City (Manhattan). The Media Resources Assistant is responsible for media software tools as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter data, and create new and updated existing asset records. This position requires a flexible schedule and will include rotating shifts that could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons, places and other relevant information to the news archive
- Use various media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary (DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Create and affix labels, process orders for footage and transcripts as well as physical media assets that may include videos, XDCAM and film.
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Organize tapes and boxes of assets coming from other locations, and generally assist producers and their assistants in locating library materials
- Process requests for assets to be pulled from storage locations on and off site.
- Coordinate order processing tasks to assure that all materials are being trafficked as needed and within the time frames requested
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- 1-3 years of digital asset, media or similar experience is required.
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
Please apply online at: https://goo.gl/XhiA2T
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies