KID Museum seeks a manager of operations and visitor services who can grow with the
organization. Just celebrating its fourth anniversary, KID Museum is a creative learning
space, dedicated to cultivating the next generation of innovators through high-impact,
hands-on learning experiences that integrate science, technology, art, and culture.
KID Museum serves 55,000 visitors annually in its current site at Davis Library through
school group visits, after school programs, weekend workshops, and more. It is a first step
toward the museum’s vision of a larger, permanent home focused on empowering the next
generation to invent the future with creativity and compassion.
The successful candidate for the manager of operations and visitor services will have
demonstrated experience and passion for customer service and operational efficiency in the nonprofit or social service fields.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the
● Oversee and implement museum membership strategy
● Manage the front desk, including staffing, customer welcoming and intake
● Develop and ensure that department systems, procedures and practices support
effective operations while providing outstanding customer service
● Prioritize the collection, analysis and use of data as a means to measure
effectiveness of all aspects of Visitor Services, including ticketing, capacity and
pricing, hours, and customer satisfaction
● Collaborate frequently with Marketing and Program staff to implement and ensure
effective front line sales efforts
● Communicate regularly with other departments to ensure operational awareness of
all Visitor Services functions
● Manage volunteers
● Address visitor complaints and issues, working with appropriate staff to ensure
resolutions in a timely manner
● Manage facilities, including room use, maintenance and IT
● Support staffing of museum, including onboarding new staff, scheduling of
non-educators, supporting internal communications
● Support the museum’s efforts to evaluate its programming and services by working
with external contractors and volunteers to design and carry-out high-quality
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays and special events.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Scott Joftus (email@example.com).