Friday April 8, 2016
Roger Summit Award Lecture with Bruce Rosenstein, “Creating a Compelling Future: Business and Beyond”
Bruce Rosenstein presents an organized approach to flourishing in the future by examining five factors of individual and organizational success:
- Mindset. The future is created by today’s thoughts, actions, choices, commitments, and decisions.
- Leadership. Lessons from Leader to Leader authors such as Daniel Goleman, Margaret Wheatley, Peter Senge, and Frances Hesselbein.
- Identity. Viewing work through outcomes and benefits rather than functional titles.
- Collaboration. Establishing your place within the “sharing economy,” the “creative economy,” and related constructs.
- Growth. Thriving in an unforgiving age of zero guarantees.
AIIP’s 30th annual conference was held April 7-10, 2016 at the Omni William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It provides opportunities to sharpen business and research skills, network with fellow business owners, and share ideas about growing independent information businesses. The conference website is aiip.org/conference.
About the Roger Summit Award: Past Presidents of the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) independently fund the Roger Summit Award Lecture for the purpose of sponsoring an industry leader to attend and speak at the annual AIIP Conference. The intent of this award is to attract an individual who will inspire and challenge AIIP members, contributing to the continuing education and development of the attendees. The person who is selected each year is an innovative thinker or is able to present ideas in a manner that stretches the minds and imaginations of attendees. Roger Summit, founder of Dialog (now ProQuest Dialog), is considered one of the fathers of online information.