LAC Federal is seeking a Library Technician to work for a federal agency in Bethesda, MD. The Technician will be helping patrons find and use print, electronic, and audio-visual resources, and provide technical assistance when needed. This is a full time contract (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
Duties for this position include:
- Answering routine telephone or in-person reference inquiries, referring patrons to librarians for further assistance, when necessary
- Cataloging, processing, and shelving library materials to prepare them for inclusion in library collections
- Reserving, circulating, renewing, and discharging books, periodicals, and other materials
- Providing assistance to teachers and students by locating materials and helping to complete special projects
- Maintaining and troubleshooting problems with library equipment including computers, photocopiers, and audiovisual equipment
- Train other staff, volunteers or student assistants, and scheduling and supervising their work.
- Recent Library Technician experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and the Voyager catalog record system.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. and possess the ability to shelve items on top shelves
- Recent experience interpreting bibliographic data elements and searching bibliographic records in an online environment is desired.
- Experience working with serial publications and experience with imaging techniques is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of biomedical information and history is preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/XHq99u