- You will locate and retrieve cataloging records for specially processed items from the database.
- You will perform library shelving to put items in proper shelf and removing damage materials
- You will generate reports on numbers and types of interlibrary loans and sources.
- You will charge library materials in and out using manual or automated systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Performing library circulation procedures, practices and processes (e.g., Issuing library cards, updating user records and the charging in and out library material) in accordance with required procedures; 2) Assisting patrons at the circulation desk by answering questions. 3) Researching databases for bibliographic, publishing, and ownership information of books articles and other resources; and 4) Maintaining daily statistics in a spreadsheet to track information. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Providing library support tasks by assisting patrons with locating and utilizing library resources; 2) Use Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word) to complete daily work; and 3) Explaining circulation policies and procedures to library patrons. NOTE: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for the position.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-CLER.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In addition to specialized experience you may also qualify for the GS-05 based on education as follows:
Successful completion of four years of education above high school.
A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience. In which the required education plus the percent of the required experience equal one hundred percent.