The Sherman Cohn Library at the Maryland University of Integrative Health in Laurel, MD is seeking an On Call Library Assistant. Here is a summary of the basic duties, for best consideration view the entire listing at http://www.muih.edu/about/employment
ON CALL LIBRARY ASSISTANT
The hours are irregular, this is an on call position. The On Call Library Assistant will be asked to cover the shift of regularly-scheduled Library Assistants in the event that they are not available for their shift. This may occur within the following timeframes: M-W 8am to 7pm, Th-Fri 8am to 9pm or Sa-Su 9:30am to 6pm.
- Being prompt and working shifts reliably with little absenteeism
- Performing all duties required to staff, open, or close the Library (this is shift-dependent)
- Staffing the circulation/information desk and engaging in tasks required to maintain the collection (shelve, shelf-read, process books, etc.)
- Utilizing the circulation functions of the integrated library system (check-in, check-out, holds, etc.)
- Responding to the needs of Library patrons in a knowledgeable, timely, and courteous manner
- Providing instruction and assistance to library patrons (both in person and off campus) in obtaining and utilizing Library resources
- Answering ready-reference questions and referring complex reference or research questions to appropriate personnel if necessary
- Engaging in special project work as assigned
- Performing other duties as assigned
Interested individuals should forward a letter of interest (listing desired hourly pay rate) and CV/resume to our Office of Human Enrichment at firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “1525 – On Call Library Assistant” in the subject line of the email.