LAC Federal is seeking Library Aides to assist a collections maintenance project at a prestigious non-government organization in Washington, DC. The project will last four months, terminating on or before April 30th, 2017. This position works with all types of library collections and materials and requires appropriate handling and physical elements necessary for this job. This is full-time (40 hours per week; Monday – Friday). This is a manual labor position that requires the ability to lift heavy materials, sometimes work in dirty and dusty spaces and the ability to work on your feet all day.
- You will be working on a full collection shelf-read, including shifting, sorting, shelving, and weeding books, periodicals, and other physical library materials according to retention schedules
- You will be scanning barcodes on library materials
- You will be updating computer records in a database
- Additional duties as necessary or requested.
- Previous experience working in a library setting in the areas of book processing, collection management, book shelving and shifting preferred
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and reliability/punctuality required
- Familiarity with integrated library systems (ILS) software
- Knowledge of Alma ILS software desired but not mandatory
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Available to start by December 15
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/38Zvjv
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.