LAC Group is seeking Library Technicians to work at a major Federal library in Washington DC. The selected candidates will support a project processing East Asian language materials. This is a long-term full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position. On-site work is required.
- Use an Integrated Library System (ILS) to prepare serials and other multipart publications for binding.
- In addition to binding preparations, staff will update library holdings, shift collections to accommodate growth, pin and link volumes to manage inventory and re-shelve material.
- Experience working with an Integrated Library System (Voyager preferred) to manage serials in Asian languages.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and follow complex directions.
- Working knowledge of either Thai, Japanese and/or Korean is preferred.