Job Description Summary
Part-time faculty position starting Spring 2020. Eighteen hours: weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays. No Sundays. This recruitment will be used to establish a recommended list for a variety of work hours. Those from the recommended list may be used to fill vacancies in the on-call librarian pool.
Master’s degree in library/information science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program required. Degree awarded within the past five years OR continuing education and/or recent recent professional experience at a college or university preferred. Teaching experience required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Extent of relevant experience in a college/university library.
- Extent of experience in information literacy instruction and knowledge of the ACRL standards/framework and instructional technology.
- Extent of undergraduate/graduate educational preparation in basic reference tools and procedures, including electronic databases, internet searching, and computer applications.
- Extent and nature of subject areas in which reference assistance can be given.
- Extent of experience in, or potential for working effectively with a diverse, multi-ethnic student population.
– Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA accredited program.
– Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for library faculty positions. Lack of transcripts may cause your application to be rejected from further consideration.
– Documentation of experience and performance required.
– Present a 20-30 minute lesson using a general and subject database that you can access.
– Letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years.
– Ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written standard English.
– A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.