ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY invites applications for the position of Librarian I. AACPL’s 16 branches serve 573,000+ residents, with an annual circulation of over 5.2 million items. For more information about our services, visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net.
REGULAR STAFF – LIBRARIAN I – FULL-TIME – Multiple Locations
- Grade 16GA – 37.5 hours/weekly
Salary Range – $48,367 – $79,926
Excellent benefits package includes eligibility to earn up to 4 weeks of annual leave, starting with first year of employment.
- Responsibilities include: Providing library services of reference, readers’ advisory, programming and outreach, and library instruction to the public of all ages. Acts as part of branch’s management team and assists in the management of branch operations, and the supervision of branch staff. May assume responsibility for branch operations as designated person in charge in absence of management.
- Minimum Requirements: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program, one year work experience in a library, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Special Requirements: Ability to secure certification as a Professional Public Librarian in the State of Maryland within 120 days following appointment; ability to meet re-certification requirements by completing 90 hours of training every 5 years.
- Spanish language skills desired/preferred.
- The Library reserves the right to not fill a position if there is not a qualified candidate.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application to email@example.com. For more information about AACPL and to download the AACPL Employment Application visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net (Using the Library/Job Announcements). All required application materials must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. March 23, 2020.
- TIMETABLE for filling vacancies: Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted no later than March 26, 2020. Interviews will be held tentatively during the week of March 30, 2020. Tentative start date will be mid to late-April.