|APPLICATION PERIOD:||Posted: February 14, 2018; for Best Consideration Apply By: March 12, 2018 (open until filled)|
|COMPENSATION:||Starting salary: Commensurate with experience; Grade 10. Comprehensive benefits package includes paid leave, health/dental/vision/drug program, deferred compensation program, pension program and other voluntary benefits.|
|ABOUT HCPL:||Harford County Public Library provides progressive and innovative library service and is an integral part of the economic, educational and social fabric of Harford County. The Library is a 3-time recipient of the of The Daily Record’s Innovator of the Year Award and a 7-time Library Journal Star Library. HCPL has eleven branches, one administrative office and two outreach vehicles serving over 181,000 registered borrowers of all ages and has an annual circulation of over 3.8 million. Harford County Public Library is committed to connecting people with information and promoting the love of reading within the community.|
|NATURE OF WORK:||Provides a variety of professional services to customers to include reference, reader’s advisory, computer instruction, training, programming/community outreach, collection development and a variety of related tasks. Works collaboratively with department staff in a team approach to public service; oversees, plans and implements children programs; and works on reference desk as required. Performs other duties as assigned. Meets minimum public service hours as defined by Library Administration.|
|REQUIREMENTS:||· Masters of Library Science degree or other Master’s degree in an approved library related curriculum from ALA accredited institution. Note: Will consider applicants that will complete MLS program within six months from date of application.
· Ability to obtain State of Maryland Certification as a Professional Librarian within six monthsfrom hire.
· Experience in programs, services and outreach with an emphasis on the birth to 14 years old age group; however, familiar with teen and adult services as well.
· 1 year of reference work in a public library including direct information service & training customers and staff on use of computers & databases and downloading digital library materials to a personal device, preferably in a public library setting.
· Ability to work well with people both in the library as well as with school and other outside representatives.
· Ability to work a variety of day, evening, and weekend hours.
|HOW TO APPLY:||Applications for this position are completed and accepted via online submission only. PLEASE NOTE:The application cannot be saved and returned to at a later time. The application must be completed in its entirety prior to submitting. A resume is required for this position; however, a resume will not be accepted in lieu of the online employment application. Do not state “refer to resume” on the application. Please hold Ctrl key and click on the link below to complete the application for this position:|
|OPEN TO:||Public and Staff.|
Hey employers!Are you an employer with a job for a LIS graduate or student? If so, please email us at email@example.com and we will include it as well as post it to the lis jobs google group.