LAC Group is seeking an experienced Lead Library Technician to work at a prestigious Federal library in the Landover, MD area. This is a short term, full-time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- The Lead Library Technician will supervise a small team to support a project assessing, processing and rehousing library and archival materials including brittle or damaged items.
- In addition to assisting in the processing and rehousing work, the Lead Library Technician will be responsible for quality control and regular reports to the Library.
- The Technician will track progress using a variety of excel files and other databases and prepare regular reports.
- Minimum of 2 years working with library or archival collections doing processing and/or rehousing in a major research library
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues including quality assurance and productivity
- Ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills and experience with spreadsheets and databases
- Minimum of 1 year working with fragile and/or brittle library materials
- Experience with basic physical processing including affixing labels, shifting, etc.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/38ItsSP