DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Offices, Boards and Divisions
Justice Management Division, Library Staff
Pay scale & grade
Open & closing dates: 10/09/2020 to 10/23/2020
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Librarian (Law) position is responsible for providing in-depth, comprehensive legal and multidisciplinary research, collection maintenance and development, orientation and training in using Library resources and services, and has broad programmatic responsibilities for long-term projects that affect the overall effectiveness of the Department of Justice Libraries.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect requirements at the full performance level of the position (GS-13). At the GS-9, 11, and 12 levels, applicants will receive training, development, and/or increased supervision to eventually perform successfully at the full performance level of the position.
· Provides comprehensive legal and legislative reference services to customers.
· Solves complex problems that involve relationships among different library reference functions.
· Provides training and public awareness to customers regarding US Department of Justice legal and legislative library programs and services.
· Designs, configures, implements, and evaluates automated library systems to improve services.
· Creates and updates material for library websites, and ensures it adheres to all Department guidelines
· Advises and trains experienced librarians in new and emerging library technologies, references, or related information.