LAC Federal is seeking an experienced Law Librarian for a part time role with a federal agency in Alexandria, VA. The Librarian will manage and track legal document workflows, and create and populate legal and administrative forms in Adobe, Microsoft Word, InfoPath and other tools. This is a 6 month part time position (15-20 hours a week).
- Responsible for Knowledge Management using SharePoint to support office staff
- Create and maintain digital libraries containing relevant documents and articles on specific legal topics
- Train staff on the use of the KM tools and other information products
- Provide research assistance.
- Education Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) with a Special Certificate in Law Librarianship
- Two years in a professional law library
- Minimum of 2 years administering, maintaining, and updating a knowledge management system (SharePoint strongly preferred)
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situation
- Prior experience with federal criminal law and litigation
- A solid understanding of legal documentation
- Candidate may substitute 3 years of work of experience managing a knowledge management system for the above Education Qualifications provided they also have:
- Three years of equivalent professional level experience working as a law librarian;
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program.
- Available to start ASAP
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/1ZTndS