Multiple openings in deep learning for medical data analysis: Staff Fellow/Visiting Scientist, Postdoc, & Internship
We have multiple openings at the Division of Imaging, Diagnostics, and Software Reliability
(DIDSR) at the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
(FDA), located in Silver Spring, MD (Washington DC metro area):
- Staff Fellow & Visiting Scientist (term appointment of up to 3 years)
- Postdoctoral fellowship (initially one year but extensions are possible)
- Internship (both Summer as well as throughout the year)
The applicants will receive a competitive salary, and work closely with a multidisciplinary group of scientists on several cutting-edge research projects related to the application of deep learning for analysis of imaging and time series data.
- Graduated (within last 5 years) or currently in graduate school in electrical engineering, computer science, or another relevant field of study such as biomedical engineering
- Demonstrated experience (including publications, coursework, or work experience) applying image and/or signal processing algorithms.
- Previous background in one or more of machine learning, deep learning (CNNs, RNNs,
LSTMs, GANs,…), computer vision, and familiarity with various deep learning libraries
(TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- A solid programming background in Python is absolutely necessary.
The preferred candidates will have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Publications in major CV or ML conferences (MICCAI, CVPR, ICML, NIPS, etc.) and journals (IEEE Transactions, JMLR, etc.)
- Experience with weakly-supervised/semi-supervised/self-supervised training
- Experience with training ML models under data-starved conditions
- Experience with domain adaptation methods
- Experience with deep learning based image reconstruction or image denoising
Resumes/CVs along with a cover letter describing background, skills, and interests should be submitted via email by Nov 30, 2019. Applicants should also indicate their dates of availability.
US citizenship/permanent residency is not a requirement. However, the selected research fellow
must meet applicable security requirements which include a background check and a minimum of
3 out of the past 5 years’ residency status in the US.
Apply by including CV, three reference contacts, and a cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Machine Learning: 1 year (Required)
- Doctorate (Preferred)