LAC Federal is seeking an ILL Librarian for a major Federal institution in the Washington, DC metro area. The Librarian will be responsible for document delivery, and must have strong customer service and organizational skills. Candidate must be comfortable working with digital information and computer systems. Previous experience working in a health-related institution is a plus. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hours per week; Monday – Friday), benefited position.
- Process requests by agency’s researchers for materials held at other libraries.
- Process items received as a result of requests.
- Process materials requested by other libraries.
- Review, and troubleshoot as necessary, the ILL requests as processed by the library technicians in the Shared Resources Department.
- Effectively use a variety of electronic and manual systems to interlibrary loan work including:
- ILLiad, for managing requests and delivery.
- Agency’s Library bibliographic databases for checking citations on requests, and providing requested full-text documents either in print or in electronic formats.
- Must be familiar with alternate methods to request items, such as using ALA (American Library Association) forms and CRL (Center for Research Libraries).
- Maintain familiarity with copyright restrictions.
- Track articles received in order that the library pays appropriate copyright fees.
- Maintain statistics and other records as needed.
- Other responsibilities include ensuring copyright compliance, aiding in the preparation of monthly and annual reports, advising for collection development, maintaining and troubleshooting software and hardware, and staying aware of developments in the field.
- Assist with circulation, mending, shelf maintenance, or other areas as assigned.
- Attend regularly scheduled library staff meetings.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an accredited ALA University preferred
- Experience working with ILLiad and/or Relay ILL systems strongly preferred
- Experience working with health information a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with emerging technologies and learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Please apply online at: https://goo.gl/heV12S
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.