The Catholic University of America currently seeks a Graduate Library PreProfessional (GLP) for the Nursing/Biology Library. The position starts in the Fall 2014 semester.
Fall 2014 Admissions to the Library and Information Science (LIS) Department only for this highly competitive two year academic scholarship.
Nursing/Biology Library GLP responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Life Sciences Librarian the GLP provides technical and administrative support for the Nursing/Biology Library, and participates in the public and technical services work of this library.
The GLP is responsible for expanding his or her knowledge of library functions and services, developing the fundamental skills needed to begin a career in the library profession, and providing information, reference assistance, and
instruction to library users. The GLP also provides the administrative support necessary for the unit to function.
- · Circulation and Reference assistance to patrons on the front desk
- · Supervision and scheduling of part time student workers under the direct supervision of the Life Sciences Librarian
* CLS/ILL Requests (when Library technician is out)
* Assistance with developing user guides and editing Library Web pages – LibGuides
* Fill in when other staff absent or overburdened
* Process Mail
* Other library projects
* Working one night a week and some weekends
The GLP will also have desk hours in Mullen Library (CUA’s main Library), participate in the Ask a Librarian Reference Service and assist with library instruction.
For further information and application instructions please see here.