LAC Group is seeking a Film Archivist to work at a major federal institution in the Washington, D.C. area. The Film Archivist will work with rare and archival materials including audio-visual materials. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) position with benefits and is expected to go for 15 months starting June 2019. Work must be performed on-site and the selected candidate must be able to pass a background check.
- Perform item-level processing of audio-visual material including preservation re-housing, and collection and entry of item and collection-level metadata including descriptive and technical.
- Work with agency staff to determine the optimum final arrangement of the material and produce finding aids to help researchers.
- Produce a final report of methodologies, workflows, and other work performed.
- MLS/MLIS (Master’s of Library/Information Science) preferred; Degree in related field ideally in archives
- Three (3) years minimum experience in performing similar work to that described in the responsibilities
- Experience with multiple descriptive standards such as DACS, the Moving Image Cataloging Manual, PREMIS, METS, MODS, or EADS
- Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation and organization skills;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and interact positively with others;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, and reach heights of six (6) feet.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2ZL7qve