United States Patent and Trademark Office, Executive Library in the Office of Policy and International Affairs is seeking a library or information science student to support IP Policy Attorney’s in their research work. To successfully perform the duties of this position, the student must demonstrate the ability to apply accepted research techniques, provide reference services through regular duty at the front desk and respond timely and accurately to online information requests, using a wide variety of databases and communication tools.
– Assist library patrons with circulation, basic information questions, and related functions
– Provide reference desk coverage and assist with circulation and re-shelving of materials – Assist patrons in the use of electronic library resources such as the online catalog, library SharePoint site, research databases, etc.
–Process interlibrary loan requests for materials held at other libraries or behind pay walls and process items received as a result of requests
– Perform routine basic copy cataloging, update records in the online catalog, withdraw items selected by a librarian, etc.
– Create and update general library handouts, brochures and signs. Create and maintain displays.
– Assist with receiving new library materials
– Check-in serial issues in the Integrated Library System (ILS)
–Perform bibliographic searching (simple and complex) in the ILS, other local systems, and worldwide bibliographic networks
–Gather and prepare weekly reports and metrics for various tasks and reporting purposes –Manage or contributes to special projects as assigned
For more information, contact by June 14th :
Sue Ellen Morgan Senior Librarian Executive Library
Office: 571-272-1495 SueEllen.Morgan@uspto.gov