This position reports to the Associate Director of the Law Library. The incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing library services to faculty and providing web services to the law school and law library. Duties include management of the faculty liaison program, web editing and content development, development and design of both print and online resources, reference and research services to law faculty through the faculty liaison program, law student instruction, providing reference services to students, faculty, and alumni, and other duties as assigned.
- Oversee and coordinate liaison services to full-time and adjunct faculty;
- Provide liaison services to designated faculty members:
- Provide on-line searches for faculty, and provide cases, articles, and other library materials upon request;
- Assist faculty with locating print materials in the collection, by ILL, or purchase, and provide assistance in the use of electronic databases;
- Work as liaison to faculty in the identification, evaluation, and selection of library materials;
- Assist full-time, adjunct faculty and staff in the use of the TWEN course management system.
- Develop, design, and maintain content for the law school and law library website, and print promotional and instructional materials to include:
- Update, upload, and edit website content for law school departments and law student organizations;
- Develop and design print promotional materials, programs, posters, brochures, instructional materials, and other documentation as needed;
- Create and maintain web templates, forms, and images;
- Provide backup support for the calendar, news, and events on the website;
- Create and update faculty and adjunct profiles, biographies, and CVs;
- Post on the website prior to each semester course syllabi, assignments and related materials;
- Assist with faculty homepages on WordPress;
- Maintain proficiency in HTML, MODx, WordPress, Siteimprove, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other tools as needed.
- Serve as coordinator of the Faculty Research Paper Series on the Social Science Research Network; submit and update faculty research papers for online publication and distribution; monitor usage statistics associated with faculty publications; post original papers to the law school’s website;
- Provide Westlaw, Lexis, and Bloomberg Law passwords for faculty and staff and assist new users in setting-up accounts and using databases; oversee and monitor password lists in Westlaw, Lexis, and Bloomberg Law in an effort to keep them current;
- Assist with legal instruction in the LRWA first and second year programs; assist with Scholarly Writing for journal students; lecture in selected law school classes each semester on the use of legal databases and other related resources;
- Participate in collection development, including reviewing both print and electronic materials for selection;
- Oversee the maintenance of the law school’s electronic file of VA Supreme Court records and briefs;
- Coordinate with Mason paralegal class instructors and conduct or schedule tours of the Law Library for their classes;
- Provide general reference services by e-mail, telephone, and in-person to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other members of the Mason community;
- Participate in professional development, to include, attending conferences and meetings of national, state, and regional professional associations; serve on library and university committees;
- Perform other duties as required.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association (ABA)-accredited law school and/or an M.L.S. or equivalent, from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited library school;
- Thorough knowledge of legal bibliography, both in print and electronic formats; academic law library experience providing services to law faculty;
- Relevant teaching experience; strong service orientation and organizational abilities; proficiency with HTML;
- Ability to use a content management system (MODX, WordPress) to develop and maintain web content; demonstrated experience with photo editing and graphic design using Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.