The Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), is looking for an eResources Librarian. This permanent status-eligible full-time, non-tenure track library faculty position at the rank of Librarian II reports to the Associate Director for Technical Services and will oversee the eResources and Serial Unit within the Technical Services Division.
– Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Associate Director for Technical Services, oversees the daily operations of the eResources and Serials Unit within Technical Services.
– Oversees workflows related to managing the life cycle of the Library’s electronic resources, including but not limited to acquisitions, access, administration, support, and evaluation.
– Oversees the work related to the database maintenance of the Library’s print serials and microfilm collections.
– Establishes access to new electronic resources, monitors platform changes, and works collaboratively to investigate, resolve and communicate access issues in a timely manner.
– Assists with establishing collection development assessment strategies related to electronic resources including the use and understanding of standards and methods for gathering usage data and tracking cost per use.
– Oversees and when needed performs copy cataloging of electronic resources, including ejoumals, ebooks, and other eresources. Oversees batch processing of cataloging records for electronic resource collections.
– Participates in library, campus, consortium, and regional/national communities and organizations as appropriate.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
– ALA accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree.
– 3 years (five preferred) of experience working with electronic resources
– Demonstrated experience and understanding of best practices for managing and using electronic resources.
– Demonstrated experience managing a print serials collection and knowledge of current issues related to maintaining a print serials collection.
– Demonstrated knowledge of cataloging electronic and digital resources.
– Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resource industry standards, best practices, and protocols, including but not limited to ER Licensing, SUSHI, and COUNTER.
– Demonstrated experience with electronic resource management systems.
– Knowledge of ER licensing
– Knowledge of integrated library systems
– Knowledge of open URL link resolvers, preferably SFX
– Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
– Demonstrated experience supervising staff and student assistants.
– Demonstrated ability to develop and document procedures.
– Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities.
– Experience with Ex Libris products.
– Experience working with a print serials collection.