LAC Federal is seeking a Document Analyst to perform document processing and collection development for an internationally-focused government agency’s knowledge repository in the Washington, D.C. area. This is a full-time (40 hours per week; Monday – Friday), benefited position.
- You will collect a variety of electronic, paper, and multimedia materials from multiple agencies and departments on a daily basis;
- You will analyze the newly acquired documents and data against pre-defined criteria for processing and ingest into agency document clearinghouse, including Sec 508 compliance;
- You will digitize, transcode analog materials to a format acceptable to the Agency;
- You will scan, proof, convert, and optimize a variety of different electronic, paper and multimedia formats and sizes of materials (i.e. maps, oversize illustrative books, newsletters, pictures) for inclusion into the knowledge repository,
- You will optimize various formats as well as sizes of materials i.e. maps, oversized
- You will review flagged materials for Personally Identifiable Information and removes it when found;
- You will work on file management including but not limited to copying or removing sensitive materials on a secure drive in a timely manner;
- You will keep track of items stored, removed, and destroyed at the Iron Mountain storage facility;
- You will respond to requests for help in submitting materials, searching, locating documents, and other queries;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 3 years of progressive responsibility in word processing, the internet, database and other information technology, including document scanner software and technology
- Must be able to use optical character recognition (OCR) software to make PDF documents searchable
- Experience in loading data and scanning source documents into a computerized database and converting electronic documents, spreadsheets, and other files into Adobe Acrobat Reader pdf file format required
- Knowledge of document management functions such as disposition, indexing, retrieving and archiving of electronic document management technologies
- U.S. citizenship required, active secret-level security clearance a plus
Please visit our website to apply: https://goo.gl/MJxqzH
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.