Montgomery College is hiring a Director of Library and Information Services. Montgomery College is located in Montgomery County, Maryland, just north of Washington D.C. It is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, serving more than 60,000 students each year through both credit and noncredit programs. The MC library supports the mission of the College with three locations, over 40 employees, and robust offering of resources and services in the areas of access services, research and teaching, and resources and collections. The Director of Library and Information Services provides leadership, oversight, and guidance for the MC Library.
Montgomery College’s benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Application closing date has been extended to November 10, 2019.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent (MSLS, MLIS) from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Five to six (5-6) years of progressively responsible experience in library operations, preferably in an academic setting.
- Three (3) years of supervisory or management experience in at least two library functional areas.
- Knowledge of library operations, particularly in an academic institution and library procedures including instruction, reference services, and collection development, and in use of technology in library services.
- Skills in identifying strategic priorities and leading a diverse team of professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Skills in project management and in operational organization and planning. Ability to build strong relationships within the libraries, among other college departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to effectively collaborate and interact with faculty, staff, and administrators at the College.
- Ability to effectively lead others to accomplish the goals of the organization and carry out programs in a diverse institution.
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.