– Properly select and annotate a large volume of media into digital asset management system to facilitate retrieval and use in production.
– Utilize various databases and the internet to organize and confirm the accuracy of metadata.
– Catalog activities include screening video, shot listing, providing metadata, and indexing video.
– Evaluate video for archiving, research video rights issues, and maintain quality control of archiving operations.
– Research video as needed using in-house and external resources.
– Interface with New York Digital Media Services daily.
– Work with Tape Library as needed.
– Research and locate video in database and tape library.
– Ingest, search, and log tape video.
– Manage various projects as needed.
– Two or more years of professional digital news library experience.
– Master’s degree in Library Science preferred.
– Prior television news production experience strongly preferred.
– Strongly prefer candidates with experience in digital archives.
– Willing to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as needed.
– Excellent knowledge of, and interest in, history, current events and news personalities.
– Knowledge of Ardome/VizRT digital asset management system and iNews production application preferred.
– Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Excellent computer skills including typing, online searching, and database experience.
– Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
– Must be willing to learn all aspects of digital and tape libraries.
– Highly-motivated individual with a propensity towards working independently and under deadline pressure.
Special Instructions: Cover letter required.