Join MITRE, honored by Computerworld as a “Best Place to Work in I.T.” for nine years, as a member of our Information Services department within the Knowledge, Information, and Collaboration Services (KICS) organization. The Information Services department is responsible for working across MITRE to provide research and analysis, digital content, information stewardship and InfoDesk services. MITRE’s Information Services department seeks an innovative and dynamic Information Analyst to join our successful Custom Research Team. This position is located in McLean, VA. The individual will work as a member of the Custom Research Team to provide information and research support to MITRE’s work programs. This person will be responsible for providing current awareness, performing research, and supporting department wide initiatives. The individual should have an understanding of information management practices that translate into successful products and solutions in order to meet the needs of our diverse customers. The individual should be familiar with congressional information and federal government operations.
In this role, you will utilize your research skills to:
- Support MITRE’s work for the Homeland Security Systems Engineering & Development Institute (HSSEDI) FFRDC.
- Search major commercial and open source databases, organize and synthesize results, and analyze and deliver customized research
- Work with MITRE staff to address information needs for specific programs
- Deliver current awareness materials via customized newsletters
- Investigate and meet the business/market intelligence and knowledge management needs in support of MITRE’s work for multiple federal agencies
- Proactively respond to requests and provide exceptional customer service
- Expand, build, and maintain relationships with customers throughout MITRE
- Plan, develop, and deliver customized information products and services
- Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science (or related field)
- 2-5 years of professional experience in corporate, government, or academic library setting providing research services
- Experience with or knowledge of the mission and work programs of the Department of Homeland Security and FFRDCs. Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, to solve problems creatively, and to effectively build partnerships
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers to understand and anticipate their information needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across level and function
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products and demonstrated ability to present information effectively to multiple sized audiences
- Familiarity with SharePoint, content management systems, and collaboration tools preferred
- Knowledge of major commercial and government market research resources
- Experience in a corporate, government or academic organization preferred Clearance Secret
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Travel This position will require overnight travel up to 10% of the time as well as some local travel. The position is located in McLean, VA.
Employment Status Full-time