At Baltimore County Public Library, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, developing innovative learning environments, and creating gracious library spaces. We circulate over 10 million items and provide library services through our 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles and a growing virtual online presence. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and open to new ideas consider joining the Baltimore County Public as a full-time Circulation Assistant III.
- Performs routine circulation functions such as processing incoming, withdrawn, and problem materials, mail, reserves, and various reports
- Assists customers at the public service desk with library card registration, self-service technology, basic catalog searched and computer sign-up and questions
- Shelves materials and performs shelf reading tasks
- Assists with opening/closing procedures
- May handle building/equipment concerns, security issues & emergency situations
- Prepares cash drawers and may make cash deposits and prepare reports for Fiscal Services
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One year of customer service experience in a public library preferred
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use different technologies to perform work
- Commitment to internal and external customer service and the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the system, work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends and accept system-wide transfers
- Physical ability to bend, stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs. and push/pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must pass a post offer criminal background check
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes: Four weeks of vacation; sick and personal leave; subsidized healthcare coverage; pension eligibility; and other benefits. Annualized Salary: $30,317 – $39,626 commensurate with experience.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach two documents:
1) a completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs
2) Cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title Circulation Assistant III in the subject line of your email.
Documents must be received no later than July 24, 2018. Vacancy #: 2018-143