The 11th Annual Symposium on Scholarship and Practice
Time: Friday, February 8, 2019, 9:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Place: The Catholic University of America
We are delighted to invite proposals for the 2019 Bridging the Spectrum Symposium! Researchers, practitioners and students are encouraged to submit proposals to share research findings, best practices, and works in progress. The submission system is now open at http://cuaslis.org/openconf/author/submit.php
We encourage you to submit proposals related to various aspects of the field of library and information science. Topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Information services in the “fake news” era
- New developments in information organization (linked data, semantic web, blockchain, etc.)
- Preservation and management of digital and digitized resources
- Management and analysis of data and information
- Library networks and international collaboration
- Technology trends and impact on information services
- Marketing and advocacy for library and information services (social media, community engagement, etc.)
- Management of information services in cultural institutions
- Presentation Formats
Proposed contributions may take the form of one of these formats:
- Briefing: A presentation on an innovative practice, initiative, or research activity. Each briefing may take 15-20 minutes. There will morning and afternoon briefing sessions.
- Panel: A panel of speakers discussing a theme or a topic, typically one hour in length.
- Poster: A poster presentation on a practice, project, research activity or work in progress. Posters will be viewable throughout the day, and there will be a dedicated poster session as well as a “lightning round” of poster descriptions.
- Proposal Submissions Open: July 18, 2018
- Proposals Due: September 18, 2018
- Notification of Acceptances: November 5, 2018
- Final Program released, registration opens: December 11, 2018
- Symposium: February 8, 2019
- To submit your proposal, go to http://cuaslis.org/openconf/author/submit.php
More information about the 2019 Symposium is available
Overviews of past symposia are available on the Symposium website at http://lis.cua.edu/symposium/
Please feel free to contact the Symposium Committee at email@example.com if you have questions.
Drs. Ingrid Hsieh-Yee (chair), Sue Yeon Syn, and Jane Zhang