Great Room, Pryzbyla Student Center, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
Friday, February 20, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Department of Library and Information Science, Catholic University of America requests proposals for the Seventh Annual “Bridging the Spectrum” Symposium!
The Symposium offers a knowledge-sharing forum and meeting place for practitioners, students, and faculty in all sectors of Library and Information Sciences and Services. Your participation is the key to making it work!
- Proposals Due: September 12
- Notification of Acceptances: November 7
- Final Program released, registration opens: December 5
Proposed contributions may be for any one of three formats:
- Briefings: 15-minute descriptions of an innovative practice, initiative, or research activity. There will morning and afternoon briefing sessions.
- Posters: exhibits describing a practice, project, or research activity. Posters will be viewable throughout the day, and there will be a dedicated poster session.
- Panels: discussions of a single topic by a series of speakers, typically 1 hour in length.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Trends and developments information organization
- Progress in Digital preservation
- Innovative service modes
- Social media, marketing, and advocacy for library services
- Managing library and information services
- Management and analysis of data and information
To submit your proposal, go to http://cuaslis.org/openconf/
Questions may be directed to the Committee at cua-slis-symposium[at]cua.edu