We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Research Librarian in the Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC office at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and staff.
The Business Research Librarian will work with the Library and Research Services team to provide business, industry and competitive intelligence research in support of attorneys and the Client Practice and Business Development group (CPD). This position will also support the legal research team as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide research on companies, industries, competitors, and individuals as requested by attorneys or members of CPD and synthesize this information into usable reports, and assist other business research librarians with the same.
- Handle routine requests including executive biographies, basic company reports, litigation profiles, and conference attendee information.
- Create, monitor and distribute daily news alerts on clients, companies, topics, and trends using appropriate online resources to support attorneys and Business Development Managers.
- Assist with specific legal research requests and projects as assigned by legal research librarians, law librarians and/or Library Manager.
- Understand existing tools and resources, and assist in the evaluation, differentiation and selection of business and news information resources.
- Provide back-up to the legal reference desk rotation, responding to requests from attorneys and staff on behalf of the department.
- Maintain research statistics for the business research team.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Library Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an accredited college or university.
- Seven to ten years in a law firm, corporate library or similar business research role preferred. Experience with online databases including CapitalIQ, D&B Hoovers, and West Monitor Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required. Excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail; strong organization and time management skills; customer service orientation; tactful and professional when dealing with clients; interested in learning and problem solving.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Familiarity with online news, business, legal and industry resources.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills, knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, ancestry, amnesty, citizenship status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.