Charles County Public Library is seeking a qualified and experienced Branch Manager to coordinate the day-to-day operations and delivery of programs and services of a large branch library; plan; supervise and develop staff; work closely with other Branch Managers for system-wide strategic planning; oversee branch security guards; act as a Director or Assistant Director as required.
- Establishes priorities and work schedules for effective utilization of branch staff.
- Recommends for hire, trains, supervises, coaches and evaluates branch staff.
- Plans and supervises collection development of branch to ensure collections meet community needs.
- Analyzes reports, timesheets and branch statistics.
- Assists customers with a consistently high level of customer service.
- Handles all funds collected and deposited in the branch.
- Recommends and implements goals and objectives for the branch.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Communicates and interprets library policies, procedures and rules.
- Communicates administrative information and decisions to branch staff.
- Oversees the branch budgets for materials and staff.
- Oversees and coordinates branch security guards.
- Participates in developing and implementing short- and long-range strategic plans for the library.
- Manages special projects as needed.
- Oversees programming in the branch and assists as needed.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with a variety of external library partners and community organizations.
- Professionally represents the library at community and organizational events that further the Library’s missions and goals.
- Fulfills continuing education requirements and stays current with library developments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MLS degree from ALA accredited library school or BA and coursework towards an MLS degree within five years.
- Five years related experience and increasingly responsible positions in a public library including two years supervisory experience.
- State of Maryland Certification as Professional Librarian within eighteen months of hire.
Closing Date: 11/30/2018 at 5:00 PM
Please send your application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email to email@example.com or send to the address below. Applications can be found on the Library’s website at www.ccplonline.org.