Reporting to the Head of Technical Services for Special Collections, this position works closely with both the Archival Processing Supervisor, the University Archivist, and Curators to ensure that all gift processing paperwork for manuscript material – deeds, purchase agreements and more – moves through the university system until final disposition, in compliance with University and Library policies, and Records management requirements.
In addition, this position assists with other aspects of managing the accessioning of manuscript materials acquired by the Small Library, including arranging and receiving shipments, verifying new acquisitions against available descriptions, creating accession records, coordinating shelving of incoming materials, and facilitating appraiser visits.
- ALA- accredited MLIS/MIS in library and information science or other advanced degree with relevant experience.
- Experience accessioning archival materials.
- Experience accessioning born digital material and familiar with digital preservation.
- Demonstrably strong collaborative and communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Demonstrated job or school experience with basic preservation and conservation standards for archival collections.
- Experience working collaboratively and independently with varied groups within a complex organization and rapidly changing, team environment.
- Minimum of two years full-time experience with archival processing in an academic setting, including experience with current national content standards and the creation of discovery tools, such as finding aids
- Knowledge of ArchivesSpace (or experience with Archon or Archivists Toolkit) and Aeon.
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, confidentiality, and ownership as they impact work in archival collections
- Knowledge of Archive-It or similar web archiving tool
- Knowledge of Archivematica or similar digital archiving tool
- Knowledge of ePADD or similar software
Salary Range: $60,000-70,000
Position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by January 6th, 2020.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0012068”. Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.
Complete an application online and attach:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O’Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org