Access Services and Outreach Librarian University of Mary Washington Libraries Fredericksburg, Virginia Closing: 09/23/2016
The UMW Libraries are committed to creating an environment where students, faculty, and staff share in the creation and exploration of knowledge in the development of their academic and professional interests and in practicing the habits of mind necessary for life-long learning.
The Access Services and Outreach Librarian supervises staff in the access services unit and coordinates the use of student assistants in circulation and interlibrary loan. The librarian also coordinates the Libraries’ outreach and marketing efforts. Responsibilities include: coordinating policies and procedures for public services for the UMW Libraries, communicating and interpreting library policies to faculty, staff, and students, and establishing workflow and quality control measures in the Access Services units. The Access Services Librarian is responsible for services in Simpson Library throughout its hours of operation and coordinates with appropriate personnel regarding library security.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s program (MLS/MLIS).
- Demonstrated experience with an integrated library system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and experience to manage a team of staff and students effectively.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Experience with the the Alma and Primo systems from Ex Libris.
- Experience with student training and oversight.
- Excellent command of LC classification.
- Strong understanding of data collection and use for decision-making purposes.
- Experience promoting library services to students and faculty.
Salary commensurate with experience, $50,000 – $54,000
The University of Mary Washington seeks to enrich its academic environment by continuing to provide equal educational and employment opportunities. We actively encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For more details, apply.